Where is the life we have lost in living?

Monday, September 15, 2008

All My Fault

Every morning, I've got a new chance
-Spoon-

So it's all my fault. I need to write more and make more happenings to write about. The miserable weather outside is waging war against the little bit of resolve I have left to venture around town. It's a balmy 38 degrees outside and it rains on and off, basically whenever I sneak out to see if it's raining or not. To make matters worse, Russia has no drains. The something on every curb that everyone in America takes for granted? Yuh so thanks to awful public facilitating, water pours down every slight incline, making alleys and sideswalk freezing flash floods in an instant. It does wunders for my vans. 
+
The guys at the house have flat out given up, so it's usually just me stealing across town for whatever reason. I went to the Golden Bee event one afternoon to run away from a nap. "Moscow's international biennale of graphic design" was pretty interesting to say the least and confirmed some thoughts of my own. Russian artists were second to last in the overal Design catagory, barely in front of Japan. I played basketball with some guys on the best Russian club team here in Moscow. I went with my british friend Mac to an African church on Sunday. I'm finishing up War & Peace just to say I've read it and I'm doing college applications for the second September in a row. Free time is what you make it and I try not to make mine the slighest bit free.
+
 A distracted mind simply focuses on too much at once, but every insight is just a figure of imagination until it becomes instrumented and acted on. Bedlam and Chaos don't inspire honest focus in most folks unless they were originally fashioned for a crazy pace. So here I am in the rain, all bundled up, trying to find my way home, mum to asking directions, no longer avoiding the ponds that crater all sorry pavement in Moscow, wandering past the same shoeless drunk who is drinking out the wrong end of the wine bottle again, and lost not only in route but thought as well. The next world stop won't be blessed with monster free time or social options, but it's all good. Same game, been starting.
+
I love Outkast
The New York Times has the Palin Worldview.
Lil Wayne can sorta play guitar
+



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where are you applying?