Where is the life we have lost in living?

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hard Knocks

+
(Ryan Tannehill, on why it’s important for him to work with the starters) – “Well, I want to be the guy. You don’t want to be a backup. It’s not a goal to be a backup. I want to play and I want to get in there. The more reps I can get with the ones, I feel like that’s more like a game situation as much as you’re going to get in practice.” 

+
"Last year, I took a year off to give everybody else a chance to catch up.”
“Are you watching? You been out there? I’m fast as shit.I feel good. I look good. I feel like I’m moving. I feel like a cheetah. I feel…I feel black.”
-Chad Johnson, first media interview
+
"Hey Coach, I’m going to go get arrested on my day off.”
-Chad Johnson, episode 1 of Hard Knocks

+
+

+
(Coach Joe Philban, on if tight end Les Brown looks like a football player or a basketball player playing football) – “At times. At times. I would say both. He’s certainly a young player. We all know he hasn’t been in pads. This is a new, kind of brave new world for him. You could probably watch a couple plays and say, ‘Boy this guy doesn’t fit in.’ Conversely, you could watch a couple plays and think he’s a five-year veteran. So I think there’s a little bit of both. I think how quickly he can eliminate those pictures or those film clips where he doesn’t look like an NFL player.)
+




No comments: