Where is the life we have lost in living?

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jaws


Even though I live every week of the year like it's Shark Week, 
this week actually is and my luck is in full bloom since I'm missing it for the first year ever. 
+
I interupted a tour group from Seattle yesterday just to tell them how amazing it was to hear English. They didn't share my all of my enthusiasm naturally, but only because they had a subway station tour to look forward to for their planned evening activity. Exciting!
+
I plan on going to museums and galleries all week, which is productive to do I suppose. Art museums are always good for the heart and mind, but for reasons besides the obvious. You can always go for your soul's dose of 19th Century Impressionism, like all the cute book club ladies, french retirees, art snobs, gardeners, wine tasters, collegiate introverts, gay couples, librarians, and other shy characters I spotted at a gallery yesterday. Or you could go figure out how easily you pull off the Heist of the Century, like me. Just let your mind wander and it will come back holding a different perspective's hand. 
+
Speaking of jaws, the best lunch hardly any money can buy is a loaded baked potato. There are these stands called Captain Potato something  that sell baked potatos for only 30 rubles which is maybe $1.50.
Great news right there. 
Who is Rush Limbaugh? My mom might think she knows. 
Sam Cooke knows soul. One night at the Harlem Square Club, he absolutely killed it.
 

6 comments:

ambiguous said...

or thinks she knows everything .....

Unknown said...

T-Wallace!
It's a blessing to download all of your mp3s you post in Russia. Your music vibes trasmittin' across continents and stuff. It's, like, cool.

Unknown said...

P.S. All you missed during sharkweek was reruns of the same mythbusters episode over and over again.

Unknown said...

Trent. I watched Shark Week. I saw this episode called "Air Jaws" about the leaping sharks. However, I could only think of ol' Ricky's stories. In case you forgot. "Boys, this ship sank in the middle of the ocean and men were dying left and right. The ones that died, they quit. Now, I am not I am not going to be eaten by the sharks, I am going to quit... (forgot the rest of the great rant)". Oh and of course, "Boys, there are these seals in South Africa that swim out into shark-infested waters to feed. Calvin, based upon you're performance today, you would be the first to be eaten by the sharks. STACK IT UP!"

Feel Good Lost said...

oh my stars that was hilarious

Unknown said...

he's said some other good ones that have made me just go ...what?!?! (along the lines of the "Team Eagle" quote)