Where is the life we have lost in living?

Monday, August 31, 2009

Richard Swift

The only reason you might not love Richard Swift just yet is because you don't know him. I ate pizza with him and his band a long time ago on a friday night, and laughing with him gave my enough nerve to march across the street and try my luck with this id that wasn't mine at all. I'm tall and it worked. Richard Swift opened up for the Walkmen and was easily one of the best musicians I have ever seen. Horns, brushes, early jazz, woe with a smile on your face slowly stepping out of the bar in the sun, ducking your head to put your hat on, a ballad on the FM dial as the top goes off your '56 convertible, blue cheer, its all here. Not this world's everyday singer songwriter, I like him lots.
Richard Swift --- Lady Lay

No comments: