Where is the life we have lost in living?

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Slow Your Roll

First, I hate people that complain. So I will do my best not to complain or mope about things.

I don't post much on here, at least not nearly as much as I used to. It's not to say I'm over it or anything, I just haven't been feeling it. Motivation is hard to come by sometimes, and I struggle mustering up some to get even the most simplest, routine things done. Even the things I love to do, like read and write, get passed over due to a lack of calling and urgency and whatever it is. Inspiration is something completely different. Inspiration is everywhere and you don't find it as much as it finds you. But inspiration is like philosophy in a sense that it's useless without application. Action is essential, absolutely necessary. Nothing happens without it. Talk is one thing but getting the ball rolling is something else completely different.

There is lots on the table right now and the last thing I want to happen is for windows of opportunity to close thanks to inaction. What's hard is keeping that spirit alive when looking a mountain of schoolwork or a blank canvas. The fact is that motivation naturally escapes me. I've grown to discover that the spark to solving the problem isn't a secret at all, it's just focus.

I'm pretty lazy sometimes and it's hard to write when stuck in a rut. But all it takes is a little practice and with a little help through the initial struggle, it's all down hill after that. Let the Good Times Roll.

1 comment:

emandstuff said...

i feel this so much. and i was just going to write something like this today, but you've done it for me.

and now for more inaction.