Where is the life we have lost in living?

Friday, April 23, 2010

Kush

+
Summer's shadow is looming large and things are getting easier. Not easier as  in make easy, but rather with ease. Good moods abound under the sun. Everyone's easier to get along with. It doesn't make a whole lotta sense but I've slowly figured out it is easier to sit still and study without four walls around especially in the sun. Plus, folks look prettier in the sun. Everyone's taking their time from here to wherever they're off to. But however good the weather is, one thing I absolutely can't stand though is this public speaking class. Goodness gracious. To stay put and listen to this 38 year old teacher who still lives with her parents and uses the class as a fucking social outlet makes me want to bang my head. When she's not asking kids about sexting (I don't even knooooow what kids are up to these days, gah I'm so old), she's broadcasting on loud about things like Physiological Barriers to Successful Communication (a wall), Cultural Barriers (I can't understand you, you're speaking a different language), or Productive Uses of the Workplace Grapevine (what the fuck). The entire class, curriculum is absolutely unteachable. I'm not above doing things I don't like, most things in life aren't going to be particularly in favor, But this class doesn't even have enough character to be disagreeable, its flat out worthless. Tears me up. The opposite of love is not hate, its apathy. It's almost over though. The gal in front of me as a shirt on that says "Smart Happens" over a picture of Einstein. She freaked out last class when we had speeches due because she spoke about the infestation of Asian Carp fifteen seconds over the alloted time, and that meant two points off her grade. She about short circuited, to the horror of every other honor student in class and to my chagrin. 
+
Wiz Khalifa raps with the same ease as summer brings. He has a fucking great ear for airy beats that tumble and roll and his flow dances over it. Kush and Orange Juice. Get the mixxxxtape here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Check out George Reefah out of Toronto. Think you'd like his style