Where is the life we have lost in living?

Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to School






+
Princeton era 1960 (Life)

Back to school yall. Sun's still out but the day is giving way to a whole different colour of structure. I'm not sure I'm up for it in all its splendor but what choice do I have. I hate it when people say "That's just the way it is." Don't ever believe that to be true. If school absolutely sucks at first, suffer through it and make it the best you can. Situational predicaments are never without a little good, even the worst. And the greatest good doesn't come in an instant. The best example of this is TED. The folks behind all the beautiful lectures that TED produces didn't simply become into their craft. They've dedicated years to what they love, whatever it may be and the great shit they produce eventually gets recognized. The benefits aren't immediate, but rather they slowly become. After a while, you're suddenly recognized, but only after the time and effort that got the gears of progress moving. That way of thinking can be applied to every shade of life. Accept nothing for as it is, especially if it sucks. Own up, take responsibility for whatever the matter may be and then run with it. I'm finding myself now in some deep gradoo, something the likes of which I've never come across. But I'm trying to believe that the effort will be worth it eventually, because for the next little while things might just suck. But that ain't no reason to not keep on grinning. It's college baby and you're beautiful.

No comments: