Where is the life we have lost in living?

Monday, August 16, 2010

Healthy Relationships

+
Healthy Relationships

Sometimes I'm very happy that I'm not in a secure romantic relationship. I dunno, it just seems to me that people who are in really healthy relationships are really, really boring. I mean, where's the spice in emotional security? Where's the excitement in this:
"I love you, my love."

"I love you too, my love, until our planet meets its demise at the hands of an asteroid, for as long as my body can still produce breath and excrement unaided by hospital machines, until Jesus comes back and we kill him again, I will, always love you, my love."
You see? No excitement at all. No umph. There's no jealousy, no distrust, no acerbic barbs that subtly scar two lovers until their hearts cauterize from the daily onslaught of passive-aggressive remonstrations. Now that shit, that's fun to me. Not knowing where you stand with someone, being so full of self-doubt that you question everything, believing nothing the person you're with tells you. I'm talking about the emotional equivalent of being an illiterate serf in Europe in like1204, and the bible is in fucking Latin and you can't read the gospels for shit even if it was in your language, and your priest has got you convinced that every little thing you do is gonna land you in hell. "The harvest failed this year... I'm done for." Now that's a relationship you maricóns!

No comments: