Where is the life we have lost in living?

Friday, October 3, 2008

Sun God

The lights go out here in Moscow tomorrow at 4:00. I fly to Belgium, spend the night in Brussels, and then weather a 12 hour flight to Uganda. It's 85 degrees there right now. I haven't a clue what's waiting on me besides black mambas, but that's just exciting. 
+
I can't really wrap my mind around all that's happened over the past three months just yet. It's not like some huge change suddenly swooped down and showed me the light. I'm not sackcloth and ashing and I don't have a third arm. Sleep is still as difficult as Sitting Still. People still have to tell me "Shhhh." I simply love snakes. That's hilarious. But seriously....
+
One of the great things about being malcashed is that the whole Financegedon mess in the United States doesn't touch matter much to you. When my life calls for more, I will grow it. Exponentially. But not now. Money makes you numb.
You never truly know what's important in life under everything is taken away. I am blessed to have the opportunity to stand back from real time and look at the mess I've made so far. Mess might not be the right word but who's to say? 
+
What about Africa?
A typical Black Mamba is 8 to 9 ft long, can slither almost 14 miles an hour, and is Top Five most deadliest snakes in the world. I'll let you know how that hurts.
Ethiopia is the birthplace of Rastafari and apparently has the Ark of the Covenent. 
You can buy a beer in Uganda brewed from bananas.
32% of Africa is wilderness.
A giraffe gives birth standing up.
+
It's time to leave the man village and make something happen.
so I can learn to be like someone like you.
+

No comments: